Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ecstasy

Ecstasy

There was a time
When I was depressed
Life had no point
And love was all but hopeless.

I spoke to someone
Who had knowledge
Of the broken promises
That lovers make.

We connected and made a pact
That coffee is a healing force
Cappachino and black coffee
Heals hurt and loneliness.

Understanding and compassion needs one another
For without it we are totally alone
People connect in the most difficult times
To soothe and caress feelings of insecurity.

We are human beings with feelings
Love is our connection
Lovers find comfort in trust
And parents find unconditional love in offspring.

We need someone to care for
And someone to care in return
For without it
We are lost in a vacuum of insincerity.

I need someone to care
I need someone to love
I need someone to care for me
And I need someone to love me.

This is how I want to live
Material values are luxurys
To provide a fleeting extasy
of good sense.

But love if true provides
A lifetime of feelings
Butterflies and heartburn
Make eye contact God's mirror into the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment