Saturday, January 22, 2011

Picture in paradise

Picture in Paradise

The rising moon cast its light on the sea
As soon as it cleared the offing
The shimmering water
The glistening and flickering light
Broken only by the waves
Made me realize there is a great force.

I reached out for someone special
In vain she was too far away
The waves crashed on the shore
The children delighted and laughter echoed
The moon was rising fast now
Scattering of clouds made vague patterns.

I needed someone to hold
To watch this beautiful rising
As the moon continued on its journey
She wanted to leave this picturesque place
The moment shattered and left me bereft
For someone special was missing.

I need to love and be loved
Scenic delights and magnificent beauty
Must be shared to be enjoyed
 I need to find someone exclusive
To share extraordinary moments together
To have compassion in life itself.

The moon rises yet so far
And she is here unreachable
My arms are aching for her touch
She does not share these feelings
I will not give up hope
For hope is the last outpost of desperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment